New pharmacy graduates are welcome, so don’t hesitate to apply!
A Highly Desirable Place to Live and Work:
If you live on the west coast, you probably already know how much of a hub Vancouver is. It’s a city that boasts a superb quality of living, transit links, mild weather, and access to nature that is the envy of the whole world.
You probably also know that it’s a very expensive city when it comes to housing and other costs of living. This last August, the Vancouver Courier reported that the average rent for a one bedroom apartment is $2,208 per month.
But what if we told you that you could secure employment that would enable you to live in this highly-competitive city? If you are a pharmacist who is willing to work relief shifts to build the strength of your resume, we have a great opportunity for you.
- Your work will take place from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM, from Tuesday to Friday. You will work from 9:30 to 5:00 on Saturdays.
- This is a locum pharmacist job, starting ASAP and continuing until Saturday January 18th, 2020.
- You can expect to process approximately 200 scripts per day.
- You will be examining all prescription for accuracy.
- You will monitor all scripts for drug compatibility, relative to patient records.
- You will speak with walk-in patients about the side effects and dosages of their prescriptions.
- You will supervise RPhTs and pharmacy assistants in the procurement, packaging, and labelling of drugs.
- Medical reviews with patients will be conducted occasionally.
- You will communicate with patients over the phone, answering their questions about prescriptions.
- Guiding junior members of the pharmacy team in the maintenance of the pharmacy and inventory stock.
- New graduates of a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy program are welcome to apply.
- Past experience is not required, but retail pharmacy experience would be an asset.
- You need to be licensed by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Injection certification would be a strong asset, as you would be administering many flu shots.
- Methadone certification would be an asset.
- Knowledge of pharmacy software, such as Kroll, would be a strong asset.
- Our Client is looking for a pharmacist with excellent English communication abilities, to converse with patients every day.