Build your experience and grow your professional network in British Columbia’s largest city.
If you’re living in Vancouver currently, you probably know how competitive the job market is. There are lots of people just like you who have some experience as a pharmacy assistant. They are hopeful for long-term employment, but it isn’t easy to find… Unless you just came across this posting! If you have been struggling to establish your pharmacy career with the consistent experience that is required by employers, this pharmacy assistant job is your chance to start moving ahead.
What Does This Job Entail?
- Our Client is an independent pharmacy in one of Vancouver’s most upscale, safe, and visually attractive neighbourhoods. If you’ve been living in a less-than-desirable part of town and want an upgrade for your quality of life, this job is for you.
- Your working hours will be from 9 AM to 5 PM. Each week, you will be working from Monday to Friday.
- You will be working in a bustling independent pharmacy. You will be required to independently prioritize your assigned tasks and efficiently manage your workload.
- Dispense prescription medication and other medical products to patients under direction of licensed pharmacist.
- Count pills, label bottles, price, and compound medications to prepare prescriptions for patients as directed.
- Perform administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and restocking inventory.
- Maintain electronic patient information.
- Monitor prescription-filling process to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and pharmacy policies.
- Take inventory of drugs in stock and record results.
- Place orders for additional drugs as directed by the pharmacist.
- Prepare billing information for medications.
What Skills Do You Need to Have?
- The pharmacy assistant must know how to use Kroll pharmacy software.
- The pharmacy assistant must have a minimum of six months work experience in a community pharmacy environment.
- Post-secondary study in a pharmacy-related subject would be a strong asset.
- The pharmacy assistant needs to be a confident English-speaking communicator, with a passion for attentive customer service.
For the right candidate, there is the possibility of ongoing extensions after the three month contract is over, or alternatively, a potential buyout. In either case, your continued status is left to the discretion of our Client.
Our eyes and ears are open to more pharmacy and healthcare job opportunities than you could imagine! Even if this particular job isn’t what you are looking for, there is most definitely another option that would be perfect. Contact us today so that we can find the best job for your skills and career goals.