If you’re having a difficult time finding an English-speaking position where you are in New Brunswick, we highly encourage you to relocate for this promising position.
Our client is eager to hire a full-time pharmacist at their community pharmacy, which is located approximately 1 hour away from Saint John, New Brunswick. The pharmacy is within a small English-speaking community, so the client does not require the successful applicant to be able to speak French. The client is keen to hire the pharmacist for a three month contract, but for the right candidate, there is the option to extend.
The town itself is known for its very active country and coastal lifestyle, with cultural events and a tight-knit community to become a part of should you successfully gain this position. It’s also close to the US border, allowing you to periodically visit one of the United States’ hidden gems, the state of Maine. Apart from this, housing is very affordable. You can purchase a house here for around $100,000 dollars, allowing you to move ahead in life and settle down.
What Is This Job Like?
- The hours of you will be working in this pharmacy are from 1 PM to 9 PM from Monday to Thursday, and then from 9 AM to 5 PM on Friday.
- At first, the client needs someone from Monday to Friday only. A part-time pharmacist will work on the weekends. This arrangement for weekends may change eventually.
- You will be procuring prescriptions for walk-in patients, based on the scripts they provide.
- You will need to ensure that all drugs are accurately collected, and that the pharmacy’s patients know about their drugs’ dosage requirements and potential side effects.
- You will also need to consult with the pharmacy’s software system in order to check that the drugs you are distributing are not in conflict with the existing patient prescriptions.
- There may be times where you conduct short medical reviews with patients.
What Skills Does the Successful Applicant Need to Possess?
- First and foremost, you must be licensed in the province of New Brunswick.
- You must have graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
- You need to have three years of licensed pharmacist work experience.
- You need to have an exceptional attention to detail and ability to process a reasonably high number of prescriptions as required.
- The successful applicant must be open to extending their contract.
- You will need to be able to cooperate with the pharmacy manager and other pharmacy personnel to address the needs of patients.
- Strong English speaking, comprehension, reading, and writing abilities are necessary.
- Practical knowledge of several pharmacy software systems would be a strong asset.