Our client is an established clinic, looking very seriously for a general practitioner to work temporarily at their location, with the possibility of permanent employment for the right candidate.
For such a flexible position, you could earn between $25,000 and $30,000 per month!
About This Physician Job:
- The successful applicant would work full-time. However, the doctor can choose which hours they will work based on what is most convenient for them. Our client’s request is that the physician work a minimum of four days per week.
- The clinic is located in a suburban area with a predominately middle-class demographic. Our client will need a doctor who can speak Polish, Russian, or Ukrainian, as you will be communicating with local patients from those communities.
- You would treat between 20 and 50 patients daily.
- There is a pharmacy next-door, and a chiropractor nearby.
- The payment split would be 80/20, with 20 percent covering all clinic expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants and nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes)
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars
- In addition to the language requirements listed above, you will need to be an outstanding overall communicator, to relay your medical knowledge to patients.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Medical degree
- Family medicine internship & residency
- Board certification
- Medical license in your province
- Strong science, diagnosis, and treatment skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Drive to continue learning throughout career