The weather outside is getting hotter by the day, and here at RPI Consulting Group, the jobs are heating up too! In recent weeks, we’ve received tons of exciting new job opportunities from clients across Canada, and in this blog, we’re going to discuss an exciting assignment that came across our desk this week that is sure to be exciting for any pharmacy assistants who are currently looking for work.
The duties of a pharmacy assistant
As you’re probably aware, pharmacy assistants typically assist the staff pharmacist by greeting patients, entering data into the computer system, labelling medication, and cashing out customers. However, we’re looking for nine pharmacy assistants for this particular assignment that will take place in a closed environment – in other words, the chosen candidates won’t have any physical interaction with the public at all. There may be the occasional phone call that you will need to answer, but beyond that, your job will be to help a team of pharmacists in a manufacturing facility in Mississauga – a warehouse environment that is much larger than a traditional pharmacy/dispensary.
This facility is run by one of RPI’s largest clients, a multinational corporation, and many of our candidates have started in this very facility – in fact, several candidates have gone on to management roles within the company. If you’re looking to take that next potential step in your career, we urge you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply today!
More details about this job include:
- There are three different shifts required: 6am to 2pm, and 8am to 4pm, and 1pm to 9pm. If there is a shift that you would prefer to work, please let us know when you apply
- The TTC does not run directly to or near the facility, and candidates with valid drivers licenses and access to a dependable vehicle are preferred
- Starting base salary is $20 per hour – after six months, there is the possibility of an increased based on job performance
- The initial term of this assignment is a 3-month contract, with a strong possibility of renewal/extension
- Candidates with previous work experience in Canada are preferred
- Strong communication skills are necessary
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 30 pounds, as you will be expected to lift and move boxes during your shifts
If this sounds like a job that would be a good fit for you, contact our team of Account Managers, or send your resumé directly to email@example.com. Remember – we’re looking for 9 pharmacy assistants, so there’s ample opportunity!