RPI Consulting Group is currently in the process of recruiting Registered Practical Nurses for our client, a leading healthcare and medical assessment company. This is a golden opportunity to jump-start your career and add an excellent new chapter to your resume and experience! Click here to read more about the other RPN opportunities we currently have.
With added precautions being taken due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our client has reached out to us looking for RPNs to work in southwestern Ontario. This is a 3 month contract position – commencing on March 8th – where you will be conducting public COVID-19 testing. Please note that you will be given adequate training, preparation, and personal protective equipment before you start the assignment. You’ll be working Monday to Friday, with shifts ranging from 8 to 10 hours in length.
You will be assigned to work in various testing centres across between Cambridge and Ingersoll, Ontario!
You will be assigned to work in various testing centres located across Cambridge and Ingersoll, Ontario. There will be two sets of shifts available across both days and evenings. Morning shifts start between the hours of 5:00am and 7:00am, while night shifts can start between 5:00pm and 7:00pm. Evening shifts come with a higher wage.
The chosen candidates will receive a very competitive hourly wage, as well as an unpaid lunch break.
Duties of the Registered Practical Nurse:
• Using a medical-grade swab to document and administer COVID – 19 testing
• Document the incoming and outgoing condition of patients
• Accurately and promptly implement orders from supervising authorities
• Ensure that nursing supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner
• Provide daily reports and records of pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient testing and documentation
• The ability to maintain a calm environment and control over a large influx of people as you check and screen individuals
Required Qualifications for this Position:
• Graduate of a two year post-secondary nursing program
• The ability to maintain a calm environment and control over a large influx of people as you check for symptoms
• Registered Practical Nurse certification in Ontario
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and supervisors
• Demonstration of critical thinking and prioritization skills
• Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with the team and patients
• Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
• Up to date liability and malpractice insurance
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Current CPR/ AED and Standard First Aid certification
• At least one year of experience working in a clinic or hospital setting
When you work with RPI, you’re working with the very best! To apply for this opportunity, send me your CV and your resume TODAY!
416-850-9809 ext. 320