Consider working in a vibrant community, rich in arts, culture, and heritage, all while earning great money in a field that you love – sounds pretty amazing, right?! RPI Consulting Group has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to help create memorable experiences for seniors, while passionately providing excellent care, in a state-of-the-art facility.
For many of us, providing care is more than a career — it’s a calling! RPI is recruiting Registered Practical Nurses to do their part and play a valuable role in the community. Our client is a leading healthcare institution looking to build a roster of experienced, passionate, energetic and patient care driven RPNs to fill a 3- month ONGOING contract with the possibility of being permanently hired based on your performance. The client is a long-term care home located half an hour outside of Kitchener, Ontario. This is a GOLDEN opportunity to jumpstart your career and gain valuable experience.
The RPN works within a fluctuating environment and in inter-professional teams to advocate for and promote wellness while ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and ethical . The primary role of the RPN is to provide holistic and high-quality care to patients in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and the policies set by our client. This position reports to the Director of Care, and candidates will be expected to work up to 32 hours (4 days) per week with alternating weekends. Candidates will be offered day and evening shifts.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and work around a flexible schedule as required. LTC experience is preferred but new grads are certainly welcome; 2 weeks training will be provided to those who require it. Weekly will be conducted on all staff and will be administered. Candidates will be expected to handle a 40 resident load in a 128 bed facility.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and provide high quality support to family practice patients. Apply now to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE:
• Identify and assess patient care requirements
• Promote a cooperative environment for health care team by communicating information; resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
• Take patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
• Monitor and administer medication and intravenous infusions
• Supervise junior staff, as well as tutor interns
• Document patient care services by recording relevant information
• Maintain and replenish nursing supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge
• Current Licensure and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Errors and Omissions Insurance is a plus
• Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record