NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST SPEAK FRENCH AND ENGLISH FLUENTLY AND HAVE AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE IN SOCIAL WORK.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing economic downturn have had a detrimental impact on many people’s mental health and raised additional challenges for those who already suffer from mental ailments or drug abuse problems. Many people may be struggling to cope with stress and anxiety more than usual during these uncertain times; burnout, isolation and seeing the effects of COVID-19 firsthand can cause additional mental health problems for everyone, especially front-line health-care staff and their families.
You’ll have the chance to work alongside a forward-thinking team dedicated to using emerging technologies to improve mental well-being around the country. Furthermore, compensation is competitive, varying from $30 to $35 per hour. Successful applicants will be compensated based on their qualifications.
DETAILS REGARDING THIS FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY:
Joining our team means providing even more Canadians with the mental health support they need through a consumer-grade platform, accessible from any device.
Want to know what the best part is? You get to choose your own schedule and hours!
The total for a week’s worth of work work will amount to an estimated 20 hours, and you will NOT be in direct verbal contact any patients.
Please note: this is solely a remote job!
- Review preliminary intake and psychological inventories/tests activated on the platform.
- Provide written mental-health related feedback when evaluating tests
- Support member experiences by ensuring progression through programs, facilitating clarifying questions with members.
- Support overall quality and member satisfaction.
- Operate in compliance with all relevant legislation at all times, including privacy legislation such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) .
- Maintain clear and thorough documentation and notes through the digital platform within each case.
CREDENTIALS YOU MUST POSSESS:
- Your engagement with patients will be long-term, so you must be able to commit to your hours indefinitely.
- An undergraduate degree in Social Work (a Master’s degree would be an asset). Registration with a provincial college of Social Workers and membership in good standing is preferred.
- You will not be required to re-register in another province – however, licensing across multiple provinces is an advantage.
- You must have your own malpractice insurance coverage.
- Excellent written English and French; able to use written communication in a clear and personal way. Bilingual knowledge of French and English is a must!
- Comfort with learning new technologies and passion for digital heath
- Insightful, empathetic and compassionate – you’re closely observant of your caseload and use that detail to make members within your case load feel known, supported, and motivated
- Excellent judgement – you can recognize and react correctly to risk indicators with close preparation and supervision, know the limitations of your training and experience and contact a supervisor if needed, and work within the parameters of the coaching job.