Take on a new, exciting career challenge unlike anything on offer in the city.
- The pharmacy manager will collaborate with a skilled team of pharmacists, technicians, and assistants in a community pharmacy environment. Among this team, you will have to act as a source of knowledge and provide guidance and direction, ensuring that all scripts are successfully handled and walk-in customers are helped in a timely manner.
- The pharmacy in question is very central to the health and well-being of the community, with a need for a methadone and injection certified manager. On top of maintaining the excellent reputation of the pharmacy with clientele, you will be responsible for maintaining business relations with surrounding businesses.
- To this end, we are looking for an applicant who is confident with both English speaking communications in person with customers and over the phone.
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Communicate with doctors to clarify prescription notes
- Carefully examines prescription dosage
- Paperwork and insurance coverage documentation
- Ensures that technicians and assistants abide by customer confidentiality and consistently process scripts while keeping the pharmacy organized
- Organizing and managing pharmacy personnel
- Medicine labelling, packaging, and procurement
- Consulting clientele on drug side effects and informing them about new prescriptions
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a community pharmacy as a licensed pharmacist, with experience as a manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed by the Alberta College of Pharmacy
- Proficiency with pharmacy software (particularly Nexxsys)
Compensation: 46 dollars per hour