RPI Consulting Group is the largest healthcare staffing agency in Canada. Leading healthcare institutions and pharmacies work with us to ensure the highest quality of employment for their positions. Numerous healthcare specialists who have been employed by our clientele have been provided opportunities to grow within.
We are looking for a team of Pharmacy Assistants to work in a health care facility located in Mississauga, ON. The duration of this assignment is 2 months starting ASAP until the end of March 2021, with the shift schedule for this assignment being Monday to Friday with a minimum of 7.5 hours a day. You could be assigned for days (6 am to 2pm), evenings (2pm to 10pm) or nights (10pm to 6am). There is also the potential to be extended on a monthly basis based on performance and quality of work.
In your role as a Pharmacy Assistant, you will primarily work with blister packs, so past experience with this would be an asset. As this pharmacy receives a high volume of prescriptions on a regular basis, you will also be expected to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively prepare compliance packs with the help of compliance pack machinery.
- Manage and maintain the pharmacy inventory.
- Contact doctors, pharmacies and manufacturers to obtain information/product as required.
- Process all phone requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with Federal and Provincial regulations governing the practice of Pharmacy and with all Occupational Health & Safety requirements.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with the Kroll computer system/software is an asset but not a requirement.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Pharmacy Assistant.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, high volume, demanding work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please contact our Account Manager Jonathan Stephen if you think this opportunity is for you.
416-850-9809 ext. 240