With a population of approximately 140,000, Abbotsford, British Columbia is an example of a city that’s big enough to have virtually everything you could ever need on-hand, but small enough so as not to be overwhelming to those who don’t enjoy the nonstop hustle and bustle of a big city. RPI Consulting Group currently has a full-time opportunity for a pharmacist in Abbotsford – are you the right person for the job? Read on and find out! And never forget to check our blog daily – even multiple times a day – for information on the hottest jobs we have available!
“The Raspberry Capital of Canada”
Our client in Abbotsford is an independent pharmacy that is located not far from the downtown area, and they’re in need of an experienced pharmacist to work full-time starting ASAP. The regular staff pharmacist has had to take some unexpected time off, leaving the pharmacy shorthanded, and we’re eager to fill the position quickly. This job starts at a wage of $42 per hour, with potential for performance-based bonuses on top of this.
The details of this job include:
- You will be working full-time hours, with the pharmacy being open from 9:00AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- You will be expected to work one Saturday per month. The pharmacy is open on Saturdays from 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Communicate with doctors to clarify prescription notes
- Carefully examine prescription dosage
- Paperwork and insurance coverage documentation
- Ensure that technicians and assistants abide by customer confidentiality and consistently process scripts while keeping the pharmacy organized
- Organizing and managing pharmacy personnel
- Medicine labelling, packaging, and procurement
- Consulting clientele on drug side effects and informing them about new prescriptions
- Administer flu shots and COVID-19 vaccines (when applicable)
- 3-4 years of experience in a community pharmacy as a licensed pharmacist
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in British Columbia
- Works well with others
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French would be considered an asset
As previously stated, we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so this opportunity would be best suited to someone already located in or near Abbotsford – however, if you live out-of-province and are interested in relocating permanently, you may be considered for the role. Contact our team today or send us your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 416-850-9809; Toll-Free: 1-866-505-3383