Are you a pharmacist who’s looking to climb the next rung in the ladder of your pharmacy career, or a pharmacy manager who needs a change of scenery? If so, RPI Consulting Group has some exciting news – our client in Brandon, Manitoba is looking for a dependable and hard-working candidate to step in and be a pharmacy manager on a long-term contract to cover an ongoing maternity leave. Keep reading to see if you’re the right person for the job, and if you’re a pharmacist, don’t miss out on another great opportunity that we currently have available.
The Wheat City
First and foremost, our client is willing to offer training for a pharmacist who has not yet worked in a managerial capacity – but with that being said, they want the pharmacist to have a minimum of 8 years of experience working full-time in a retail pharmacy setting. This pharmacy fills approximately 175 prescriptions per day, and the hours that you will be expected to work are 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, and every second Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm. You will be expected to effectively run the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy, and manage the staff to ensure that customers/patients are helped in a timely manner. Compensation being offered is $56 per hour – which is just one of the reasons why we expect this opportunity to have many, many applicants!
Your duties will include:
• Supervise and provide guidance and direction to staff
• Responsible for hiring new staff
• Accountable for the financial and operational success of the pharmacy
• Prepare, dispense and control medications accurately and in a timely manner
• Ensure medication and over-the-counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients’ needs
• Engage with patients in a friendly and positive manner at all times
• Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
• Identify and report sales opportunities both internally and externally
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Licensed to practice pharmacy in Manitoba
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a retail pharmacy environment (this is set in stone)
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong employee management skills and the ability to motivate your staff as required
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism
• Proven ability to build the business using community-based marketing strategies
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong personal computing skills, and extensive knowledge of HealthWATCH
After mentioning this job to some of our candidates earlier today, we’ve already received several applications – in other words, don ‘t wait until it’s too late! Get in touch with our team and send us your resumé today!
Phone: 416-850-9809; Toll-Free: 1-866-505-3383