Are you a pharmacist who’s ready to take the next step in your career, or a pharmacy manager who needs a change of scenery? If so, RPI Consulting Group has some exciting news – our client in Brandon, Manitoba is looking for a dependable and hard-working candidate to step in and be a pharmacy manager on a full-time basis. Keep reading to see if you’re the right person for the job, and don’t forget to check our blog daily for more hot jobs and exclusive healthcare news!
The Wheat City
RPI’s client is willing to offer training for a pharmacist who has not yet worked in a managerial capacity – but with that being said, they want the pharmacist to have a minimum of 8 years of experience working full-time in a retail pharmacy setting. This pharmacy fills approximately 175 prescriptions per day, and the hours of work are 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, and every second Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm. You will be expected to effectively run the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy, and manage the staff to ensure that customers/patients are helped in a timely manner. Compensation being offered is $55 per hour – which is just one of the reasons why we expect this opportunity to have many, many applicants!
Your duties will include:
• Supervise and provide guidance and direction to staff
• Responsible for hiring new staff
• Accountable for the financial and operational success of the pharmacy
• Prepare, dispense and control medications accurately and in a timely manner
• Ensure medication and over-the-counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients’ needs
• Engage with patients in a friendly and positive manner at all times
• Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
• Identify and report sales opportunities both internally and externally
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Licensed to practice pharmacy in Manitoba
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a retail pharmacy environment (this is set in stone)
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong employee management skills and the ability to motivate your staff as required
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism
• Proven ability to build the business using community-based marketing strategies
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong personal computing skills, and extensive knowledge of HealthWATCH
After mentioning this job to some of our candidates earlier today, we’ve already received several applications – in other words, don ‘t wait until it’s too late! Get in touch with our team and send us your resumé today!
Phone: 416-850-9809; Toll-Free: 1-866-505-3383