RPI Consulting Group is the largest healthcare staffing agency in Canada. Leading Canadian healthcare institutions and facilities work with us to ensure the highest quality of employment for their positions. Numerous healthcare specialists who have been employed by our clientele have been provided opportunities to grow within. Our blog regularly covers the hottest available jobs and up-to-the-minute healthcare news, so be sure to check it daily!
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) who’s looking for a new opportunity? Our client, a long-term care facility based in Regina, is currently looking to hire an RN on a 12-month contract starting Tuesday, January 3, 2023. The shifts for this assignment will be 5 days a week (which will include Saturdays and Sundays), with hours ranging anywhere from 9:00am to 5:00pm; 1:00pm to 9:00pm; and 11:00pm to 7:00am, with the opportunity for potential overtime. Your schedule will change frequently throughout the duration of the contract. A contract extension – and potential full-time employment – is highly possible after the initial term has been completed. The wage for this position starts at $45 per hour.
Your duties will include:
- Identify and assess patient care requirements
- Provide pre- and post-operation care in a compassionate environment, making or recommending necessary adjustments
- Take patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Monitor and administer medication and intravenous infusions
- Supervise and oversee the work of junior staff and interns (if required)
- Promote a cooperative environment for health care team by communicating information; resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Document patient care services by recording relevant information
- Maintain and replenish nursing supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current Registration and membership in good standing with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
We thank all applicants for their interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you think you’d be an awesome fit for this opportunity, send your resume to email@example.com today!