With a population of almost 32,000 people, the charming city of Stratford is big enough that you’ll never have any difficulty with finding something to do, and small enough that it feels more like a close-knit town. The city has the lovely Avon River running through it, and swans can regularly be seen floating on the water, creating ample opportunity for great photography. And the Stratford Festival takes place annually, giving you the opportunity to see some incredible shows and performances on-stage.
Most importantly, however, our client in Stratford has recently submitted a request to RPI Consulting Group for a registered practical nurse (RPN), for a full-time opportunity that is available immediately. Read on to learn more, and never forget to check our blog each and every day for hot job postings, healthcare news, and a little bit of fun!
“Industry and Art”
RPI’s client is a nursing home located in Stratford, and they’re in need of an RPN who lives in the general area – or is willing to relocate – that can start working full-time ASAP. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience working as an RPN. Your hours will be Monday to Friday, 1:00pm to 10:00pm, along with some weekend and holiday work as required (you will be given advance notice when you are expected to work these shifts). The starting rate of pay for this opportunity is $28 per hour, and after 3 months you will be entitled to a generous benefits package and 3 weeks of annual vacation time. In the event that the chosen candidate needs to relocate to Stratford, our client has offered to pay for travel expenses as well as living accommodations for the first 6 months, after which you will be expected to find your own lodging.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide outstanding care to patients and residents
- Commitment to professional practice and safety, including following proper procedures and protocol
- Work relatively independently, but will also work collaboratively with the team
- Handle client complaints as required
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to health and safety
- Set a standard of performance and behaviour (lead by example)
- Communicate expectations for health and safety to co-workers
- Ensure training needs are identified and met
- Enforce health and safety standards and positively reinforce good behaviour
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
Don’t miss your opportunity to live and work in one of Ontario’s artistic utopias! If you think you’re a great fit for this job, send your resumé directly to email@example.com