September is here and summer may be coming to an end, but we’re still seeing a metric ton of HOT job opportunities come across our desks here at RPI Consulting Group as our clients look to get an early jump on their fall and holiday staffing needs. One of our clients in Saskatchewan is looking for a licensed practical nurse (LPN) to come work at their long-term care facility on a full-time basis, starting immediately – and we’ve already had a ton of interest in this position! Find out the full details below, and be sure to check out our blog on the regular to see the latest hot jobs and healthcare news.
A city of many names
This opportunity is for our client based in Moose Jaw, which is known as both “the friendly city” and, more recently, “Canada’s most notorious city.” This second moniker refers to the long-standing rumours that the gangster Al Capone used Moose Jaw as a major route for his Prohibition schemes. In addition to this colourful past, the city is also home to historic buildings, a bustling downtown area, a casino, and much more!
The chosen LPN candidate will be hired on a full-time basis, and be expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, as well as one weekend per month. The hours will be 4:00pm to midnight daily, with the occasional different shift every now and then depending on vacations and absences. You will be paid $30 per hour for your work.
Your regular duties will include:
- Helping patients with regular daily hygiene activities
- Assisting patients with day-to-day tasks (eating meals, getting dressed, using the bathroom, etc.)
- Monitoring patients and taking regular assessments of their physical and mental health
- Administering medications and injections with appropriate record-keeping
- Communicating with patients’ families about the patient(s) and their ongoing care
- Updating patient charts accurately and efficiently
- Communicating concerns about patient’s overall health, treatment, etc. to the medical team
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed Practical Nursing diploma from a two-year post-secondary program
- Registered with the Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN)
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate
- Two years of work experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a similar setting would be an asset
- Superb English-speaking abilities are required for this role
- Compassionate, hard-working, and able to work efficiently both individually and as part of a team
If living in Canada’s most notorious city and providing great care to the residents of an LTC home sounds great to you, we want to hear from you! Contact our team today, or send your resumé to email@example.com