As a physician, you would be working more closely with a smaller number of patients.
Our client came to us recently with an exciting new proposition, and we want to let you in on the details. For those physicians in the Vancouver area who are looking to work a slightly reduced number of hours and who have a passion for preventative medicine, you will most definitely want to apply. This medical clinic has been around for a number of years; enough for it to have a decent number of patients but also have high quality facilities and technology.
What You Can Expect as a Doctor in this Clinic:
- You will work with a much smaller patient base than the typically clinic.
- However, because the type of care given to patients is much more specialized, they will pay yearly fees instead of the clinic billing the government.
- There are some procedures that the government can bill for, however.
- As this medical facility doesn’t operate as a Fee-For-Service clinic, you won’t have to worry about getting as many patients in and out of the clinic. Instead, you can focus on the health of individual patients in a non-rushed way.
- Our client needs a GP who is responsible and hard-working.
- You will conduct regular check-ups of patients and identify potential ailments that can be acted upon pre-emptively.
- The patient base is of working age, of an affluent demographic.
- For these patients, you will give advice regarding healthy habits they can develop to prevent health problems.
- You will conduct examinations on ill patients to determine what can be done to return them to a state of good health.
- You will provide a researched, thought-out diagnosis, with basis in the patient’s medical history.
- You may prescribe medication and give advice regarding this medication for the treatment of the illness.
- You may also refer the patient to a specialist physician for more complex treatments.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Our client wants to hire someone who can commit to 2-3 days per week (for example, Monday, Thursday, and Friday) from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- The successful applicant will be someone who can work compassionately and attentively with the clinic’s patients.
- Analytical skills and excellent communication would be required for this job.
- Our client wants to hire someone who will grow in their position and continue their professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Medical degree
- Medical license in British Columbia
- At least two years of experience as a General Practitioner
What is Included?:
- A medical office assistant will be there on-site.
- Other doctors and specialists will be present in the medical clinic to assist you in patient treatment, including a full-time GP and one internist.
- There is plenty of exam room, screening room, and procedure room space, in addition to the office.
- Full-time employment may be offered to the right candidate.
- Compensation will be discussed during the application process.