This is a unique position within the pharmacy world, ideal for a confident individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of patients.
For the most part, pharmacy patients who need regular prescriptions of methadone will collect it at a community pharmacy’s premises. However, sometimes, patients are delivered their methadone personally. This position falls within the latter description. For anyone who has a great deal of experience working one-on-one with patients and wants to take on the challenge to make a positive impact in patients’ lives, this is the ideal position.
The work itself is straightforward.
- On Friday and Saturday only, you will deliver methadone prescriptions to patients on behalf of the Client’s pharmacy.
- Your work hours will be from 6:30 AM until 1:30 PM.
- The work will take place for the next year, during which you can use other days of the week to work in other locum pharmacy positions.
- After delivering the methadone prescriptions, you will return to the pharmacy to enter the prescriptions into the pharmacy’s computer system.
- As this is a delivery position, you will need to have a British Columbia driver’s license and access to a car.
- You must have practical knowledge of the WinRx pharmacy software platform.
- You must be a licensed pharmacist in the province of British Columbia.
- At least two years of licensed pharmacist experience in a community pharmacy is required.
- Previous delivery work experience would be a strong asset.
- Experience dispensing methadone is required.