Our client’s pharmacy is located near Fort Fraser, BC, surrounded by lakes and mountains.
Pharmacist jobs in this part of Canada are treasured by all of our pharmacist candidates. We often hear from our pharmacists about how nice of a time it was to stay in interior BC, and how it’s like a hidden gem. We don’t want to withhold these kind of opportunities from you!
Your Work Schedule:
- For the first three days of your locum pharmacist assignment (March 9th to March 11th), you’d be working from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- On Friday March 13th and Saturday March 14th, you would work between 8:45 AM and 6 PM.
- Then from Monday March 16th to Thursday March 19th, you would be working from 9 AM to 5 PM again.
- On the first Thursday (the 12th) and Sunday the 15th, you would have time to explore the surrounding area as much as you want.
- With temperatures in March hovering just above freezing, you might be able to take part in the local pastime of fly fishing. You’d have the chance to enjoy some of the freshest fish you’ll ever eat in your life.
The Job of the Pharmacist:
- Within these full-time hours, you would be checking between 120 and 150 prescriptions per day.
- You will procure drugs for patients based on the prescriptions they bring to you.
- You will provide knowledge and advice to walk-in patients and patients over the phone about their drug dosage and drug side effects.
- You will organize patient files on the pharmacy’s computer system while upholding confidentiality.
- Our client needs someone who knows how to use Kroll pharmacy software.
- You need to be able to keep on top of the prescription checking workload, so that patients can receive the drugs they need in a timely manner.
- You must be licensed to practice pharmacy in Manitoba, or willing to re-license.
- You need a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from a post-secondary institution.
- Having at least two years of pharmacist experience would be a strong asset.