Our valued Specialty Pharmacy client located in the Burnaby area is looking to hire a pharmacy assistant on a temporary basis to help in the smooth operation of their business.
Specialty pharmacies focus on high cost, high touch medication therapy for patients with complex disease states (such as cancer, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis), so prior experience working in a specialty pharmacy would be an asset, but not necessary as training will be provided. You would be working a pharmacy industry/production environment.
Your commute would be straightforward as this workplace is conveniently located in Vancouver. It’s within walking distance of public transit, too.
What is this job all about?
- We are looking for an assistant to work from Monday to Friday
- Your working hours will be from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- You would be starting ASAP, for 2 weeks to start.
- There is a strong possibility of extension or being hired full-time based on your performance.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Appropriate assembly of drugs and supplies by matching codes and quantities from the compounding document,
- Assisting the pharmacists in the preparation and labeling of medications as allowed by law.
- Assisting the pharmacist in preparing required infusion supplies for delivery of medication
- Assisting the pharmacist in filling refill medications through the prescription software (Kroll)
- Scheduling patient for repeat medications
- Communicating with patients regarding their third party insurance provider to resolve billing issues
What’s required to successfully gain this job?
- 1 year of Pharmacy job experience
- Experience using Kroll software for data entry would be an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where high attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- You need to be an efficient and reliable worker.
- You need to have a positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
- You need have strong communication skills.
- Post-secondary study of a pharmacy-related subject would be an asset.