RPI Consulting Group regularly works with pharmacy clients across the country, and we recently received a request from one of our corporate clients based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, for an experienced Pharmacy Manager to work on a full-time basis at a busy local pharmacy, starting ASAP. Read on to learn more about this incredible position, and be sure to check our blog every single day for hot jobs and industry rumblings!
Don’t fear the ‘Darkside’
For this particular opportunity, the pharmacy manager will be expected to be available to work weekdays, evenings, and two weekends per months. Your shifts will vary from 9:00am to 5:00pm or 1:00pm to 9:00pm on weekdays, and 10am to 3pm on weekends. This is a busy pharmacy that fills approximately 150 prescriptions per day, and you will have ample support from staff pharmacists and pharmacy assistants. The rate of pay for this position is $57 per hour, and your regular and ongoing duties will include:
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Communicate with doctors to clarify prescription notes
- Carefully examine prescription dosage
- Paperwork and insurance coverage documentation
- Ensure that technicians and assistants abide by customer confidentiality and consistently process scripts while keeping the pharmacy organized
- Organizing and managing pharmacy personnel
- Medicine labelling, packaging, and procurement
- Consulting clientele on drug side effects and informing them about new prescriptions
- Administer flu shots and COVID-19 vaccines (when available)
Qualifications for this position include:
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a community pharmacy as a licensed pharmacist, with experience as a manager (please note that for this position, only candidates with previous experience as a manager will be considered)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in Nova Scotia
- Works well with others
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French would be considered an asset
After 90 days, the successful candidate will receive full benefits (100% coverage), and there are also opportunities for performance-based bonuses.
If you feel that you’d be a good fit for this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in the role, but we will only be following-up with those candidates who we believe are a good fit.