Have you been working as a pharmacist in Ottawa and wondering if you will get the opportunity to do more than just dispense? YOUR OPPORTUNITY has arrived!!!!
We are seeking a permanent full time Clinical Pharmacist to join our client’s facility located just 1 hour west of Ottawa!! I am looking for that unique individual that is looking to work at the leading edge of healthcare!!
As the Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and long-term care environment. You will assess and recommend individualized treatments, with additional responsibilities including monitoring drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care by:
- Identifying and assisting in the resolution of drug therapy problems. Consulting with physicians concerning problems such as drug dosage, allergy, incompatibility, interaction and efficacy; offers alternatives and obtains clarification for all questionable orders.
- Consulting with members of the health care team to develop patient-specific therapeutic plans based on chart review, patient information and assessment of clinical responses.
- Conducting drug usage evaluation (DUE) in acute or long-term care patients based on established criteria and standards.
- Conducting patient counselling and patient education regarding drug therapy.
- Providing work direction to pharmacy assistants in service activities including checking of work performed by pharmacy assistants.
- Maintaining professional competence and expertise in the pharmaceutical profession through the on-going review of current pharmacy and medical literature, attendance at in-service or other educational programs as well as through contact with peer professionals.
- A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
- Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
- Continuous educational opportunities
- Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
- A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire
Education, Training & Experience:
- Current licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program is preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, send your resumé to email@example.com today! Add RPI Frost Berry in the subject line!
1-866-505-3383 Ext #317