RPI Consulting Group has recently received a request from one of our top clients in the Greater Toronto Area for a registered practical nurse (RPN) for a short-term contract at a nursing home. Any candidates looking to apply should have access to reliable transportation, as some travel might be required.
This is a fantastic and rewarding 4-month contract, with full-time hours between Monday to Friday. You will be working 8 hours shifts, with start times varying from 5:30 AM – 11:30 AM. This contract pays $29 per hour.
We are looking for compassionate and reliable professionals, and your main duties will include:
· Identify and assess patient care requirements
· Take patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
· Monitor and administer medication and intravenous infusions
· Supervise junior staff and interns (if applicable)
· Document patient care services by recording relevant information
· Maintain and replenish nursing supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge
What are the requirements?
– Active registration as an RPN with the Ontario College of Nurses
– Able to work independently with minimal supervision and able to work well in a team environment
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Responsible, reliable, and compassionate
– In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination, etc.)
– Previous experience in COVID testing preferred, but not required
How to apply?
If you are ready to jump into this exciting, hands-on role, we would like to hear from you!! Take advantage of this fantastic opportunity by sending us your resume and one of our friendly account managers will connect with you to discuss further details about the position.