Located in northwestern Alberta and approximately 450 kilometres away from Edmonton, Grande Prairie is one of the province’s top 10 largest cities and home to one of our valued clients who is currently looking for a pharmacist for a 6-month contract opportunity. Read on to find out if this opportunity is right for you, and be sure to check out our blog regularly, where we highlight all of the hottest jobs that we currently have available.
A community pharmacy
Our client’s pharmacy is located in the north end of the city, fills an average of 200 prescriptions daily, and operates Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 7:00pm and 10:00am to 2:00pm on both Saturday and Sunday. The client is looking to hire a staff pharmacist who can work a 6-month contract that commences on August 1 and concludes on February 1. If the client is satisfied with the chosen candidate’s work, there is the possibility of full-time employment after the contract is up.
This pharmacy dispenses methadone, and the selected candidate will need to be comfortable with doing so on a regular basis. Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervise your team and provide them with guidance and direction
- Hire and manage the performance of staff and account for the success of the department
- Prepare, dispense and control the flow of medication as well as ensuring accurate medications are given to proper patients in a timely manner
- Ensure medication and supplies meet adequate need
- Answer and educate customers as to their needs
- Maintain a helpful and positive attitude throughout the work environment
Qualifications should include:
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the province of Alberta
- Previous retail pharmacy experience
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to coach and motivate your fellow employees
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Nexxsys
And most importantly, this opportunity has a starting wage of $41 per hour – as such, we expect to receive a lot of interest in it!
With less than one month to go until this contract position commences, we – and our client – our very eager to get it filled! If you think you’re a pharmacist who has what it takes to make a difference in Grande Prairie, contact our team today, or send us your resumé directly to email@example.com