It may not be quite as large as cities like Calgary and Edmonton, but the beautiful city of Red Deer, Alberta is an undeniably fantastic spot to live and work – and, coincidentally, it’s located at almost the halfway point between the aforementioned cities! Whether you’re single and ready to mingle or you’re looking to settle down with your significant other and start a family, Red Deer is absolutely a perfect spot on both fronts! Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity in this great city, and be sure to check our blog for more job posts and healthcare news.
Our client, based in Red Deer, is looking for a professional and skilled individual who can quickly step into the role of pharmacy manager, along with all of the duties that come with it. This is a full-time role that will begin ASAP, based on the availability of the chosen candidate, but the absolute latest start date is July 4, 2022. Compensation for this role starts at $56 per hour, and there are also bonuses tied to deliverables in the pharmacy which these will be shared with the chosen candidate after their acceptance of the role.
Your duties will include:
• Supervise and provide guidance and direction to staff
• Responsible for hiring new staff
• Accountable for the financial and operational success of the pharmacy
• Prepare, dispense and control medications accurately and in a timely manner
• Ensure medication and over-the-counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients’ needs
• Engage with patients in a friendly and positive manner at all times
• Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
• Identify and report sales opportunities both internally and externally
Qualifications for this role include:
• Licensed to practice pharmacy in Alberta
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a retail pharmacy environment
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong employee management skills and the ability to motivate your staff as required
• Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism
• Proven ability to build the business using community-based marketing strategies
If you think you’re the ideal candidate for this role, don’t miss your chance! Email your resume to our team of friendly Account Managers today!