Known as ‘The Garden City’ due to its more than 1,000 acres of parks and green spots, and affectionately referred to as ‘St. Kitts’ by the younger population that’s mostly comprised of university students, the city of St. Catharines is the largest city in Ontario’s Niagara region. It’s only a stone’s throw away from Niagara Falls and all of the tourist activities that one can enjoy there, and it’s also very close to several different wineries, breweries, and more. It’s also the home of one of the most beloved post-secondary institutions in the province – Brock University. Keep reading to find out about a fantastic contract opportunity that we have in St. Catharines, and be sure to check our blog on a regular basis for more hot jobs.
“Industry and Liberality”
RPI Consulting Group is currently looking for a registered nurse (RN) to work a 6-month contract position at a community nursing home located in St. Catharines. The contract begins on January 17, 2021 and runs until the end of July 2022. While there is the potential for full-time employment at the end of the contract, this is considered a relief contract position and permanence can’t be guaranteed.
The chosen candidate will be expected to work Monday to Friday, with your hours rotating on a weekly basis and ranging from 9:00am to 6:00pm; 1:00pm to 10:00pm; and 11:00pm to 8:00am. If you live out-of-province or a fair distance away from the region but you’re still interested in the position, our client has offered to help pay for relocation costs as well as accommodations for the duration of the contract, but this will only be applied in extraordinary circumstances for the right candidate. The position pays $46 per hour.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the condition of patients and assessing their needs to provide the best possible care
- Providing quick and effective medical care in emergencies
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment for all patients and their families
- Observing and interpreting patients’ symptoms as required
- Performing routine procedures (blood pressure, administering injections, etc.) and accurately updating patients’ charts
- Adjusting and administering patients’ medication and providing treatment according to physicians’ orders
- Inspecting the facilities and maintaining excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds, etc.)
- A valid nursing license for practicing in Ontario
- BSc in Nursing
- Proven experience as an RN
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- A team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination, etc.)
Phone: 416-850-9809; Toll-Free: 1-866-505-3383