The great city of Winnipeg, Manitoba, also known as the ‘Gateway to the West,’ is easily one of the province’s – nay, the country’s – most incredible and beautiful cities, and RPI Consulting Group is very happy to have a full-time opportunity available in a nursing home for an experience Registered Nurse (RN) who’s looking for a new position. Don’t forget to check our blog daily for new jobs that have recently become available!
Our client, a nursing home based in Winnipeg, is currently looking to hire an RN on a full-time basis starting ASAP. You will be expected to work 5 days a week, which will occasionally include Saturdays and Sundays, with hours ranging anywhere from 8:00am to 4:00pm; 2:00pm to 10:00pm; and 4:00pm to 12:00am, with the opportunity for potential overtime. Your schedule will change frequently throughout the duration of the contract. A contract extension – and potential full-time employment – is highly possible after the initial term has been completed. The wage for this position starts at $46 per hour.
Your duties will include:
- Identify and assess patient care requirements
- Provide pre- and post-operation care in a compassionate environment, making or recommending necessary adjustments
- Take patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Monitor and administer medication and intravenous infusions
- Supervise and oversee the work of junior staff and interns (if required)
- Promote a cooperative environment for health care team by communicating information; resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Document patient care services by recording relevant information
- Maintain and replenish nursing supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current Registration and membership in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
We thank all applicants for their interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you think you’d be an awesome fit for this opportunity, send your resume to email@example.com today!