When you hear the name Bobcaygeon, it’s very likely that you’re reminded of the timeless song from Canada’s beloved band The Tragically Hip. But more than that, it’s one of east-central Ontario’s most beautiful towns, located in the Kawartha Lakes region and boasting an incredible amount of things to do for folks of all ages. A bustling and historic downtown area, great local eateries and ample opportunities to enjoy the wilderness and wildlife, this is a town that anyone would be lucky to call home!
RPI Consulting Group currently has a full-time opportunity available for a registered practical nurse (RPN), and our client has asked us to fill the role ASAP – so if you live in Ontario and you’re looking for a change of scenery, read on to find out if you’d be a good fit! And don’t ever forget to check our blog daily for hot jobs, industry news, and a little bit of fun!
“The Hub of the Kawarthas”
RPI’s client is a nursing home located in Bobcaygeon, and they’re in need of an RPN who lives in the general area – or is willing to relocate – that can start working full-time ASAP. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience working as an RPN. Your hours will be Monday to Friday, 1:00pm to 10:00pm, along with some weekend and holiday work as required (you will be given advance notice when you are expected to work these shifts). The starting rate of pay for this opportunity is $29 per hour, and after 3 months you will be entitled to a generous benefits package and 3 weeks of annual vacation time. In the event that the chosen candidate needs to relocate to Bobcaygeon, our client has offered to pay for travel expenses as well as living accommodations for the first 6 months, after which you will be expected to find your own lodging.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide outstanding care to patients and residents
- Commitment to professional practice and safety, including following proper procedures and protocol
- Work relatively independently, but will also work collaboratively with the team
- Handle client complaints as required
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to health and safety
- Set a standard of performance and behaviour (lead by example)
- Communicate expectations for health and safety to co-workers
- Ensure training needs are identified and met
- Enforce health and safety standards and positively reinforce good behaviour
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates pattern of good attendance and work record
If you think you’re a great fit for this job (and you’re looking for a great place to see the constellations!), send your resumé directly to email@example.com