One visit to the great city of Guelph is all it takes to fall in love with the area, and at RPI Consulting Group, we’re looking for a pharmacist in the area (or outside of it!) for a short-term contract position that will commence on December 1. Read on the find out if this opportunity is right for you, and don’t forget to check our blog on the regular to read about the latest hot jobs we have available, as well as up-to-the-minute healthcare industry news.
“The Royal City”
Guelph more than lives up to its nickname – as a city that often feels more like a small Ontario town, there’s no shortage of things to do for entertainment and enjoyment. Tons of hiking trails and parks, a beautiful downtown area, and arguably the province’s richest local music scene are just a few of the highlights of living in the Royal City, and on top of that, it’s a great place to settle down and raise a family. It’s also the home of best country and western bar in all of Southern Ontario!
RPI Consulting Group’s client is looking for an experienced pharmacist to work a 4-month contract, running from December 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022. There is a possibility of full-time employment after the contract is completed – however, our client does not want to currently commit to anything beyond the initial 4 months. This is a compounding pharmacy, and the ideal candidate will have experience with this discipline. The hours of the pharmacy are 9:00am – 6:00pm on weekdays, Saturdays are 9:00am – 1:00pm and Sundays are closed. You will be expected to work 40 hours per week and one Saturday per month, and the rate of pay is $42 per hour.
Duties will include:
- Compounding and dispensing prescribed medications
- Assist on leading a successful team and able to handle stress.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers and healthcare providers
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage
- Providing guidance and advice to customers/patients as required
- Maintaining medical profiles
- Coordinating clinical investigations
- Evaluating all labeling, packaging and advertising of drugs
Your qualifications should include:
- Ontario-licensed Pharmacist
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Examining Boards of Canada certificate
- Proficient skills with Nexxsys pharmacy system
- Excellent customer service, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in team environment