As the largest city in northern Manitoba, Thompson has rightfully earned its nickname as “the hub of the north”, providing access to goods and services to smaller communities and towns in the area. It’s a beautiful city with plenty of things to do, including world-class hiking and biking trails, scenic lakes and waterfalls, golf and other recreational activities, and more! Read on to hear about a terrific opportunity that we have in this great city, and remember: our blog is updated regularly with hot healthcare jobs and news!
Because Thompson is located approximately 7 hours north of Winnipeg, this city is quite remote – you’ll want to consider this if you’re interested in this hot job opportunity that we’ve recently received! Our Thompson-based client is looking for a licensed practical nurse (LPN) to come and work in their nursing home on a permanent full-time basis, starting ASAP.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2-years’ of experience, and will be expected to work Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 6:00pm, for 40 hours per week. As it’s expected that we’ll be hiring a candidate who’s located closer to southern Manitoba or even someone out-of-province, our client is willing to pay for accommodations for the chosen candidate for the first 6 months of employment (after which you will be expected to find your own place to live). We will also help pay for transportation costs if required.
In addition to all traditional duties undertaken by an LPN, you’ll also be expected to do the following:
- Provide outstanding care to patients and residents
- Commitment to professional practice and safety, including following proper procedures and protocol
- Work relatively independently, but will also work collaboratively with the team
- Handle client complaints as required
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to health and safety
- Set a standard of performance and behaviour (lead by example)
- Communicate expectations for health and safety to co-workers
- Ensure training needs are identified and met
- Enforce health and safety standards and positively reinforce good behaviour
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM)
- Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
If you’re looking for a new adventure and the idea of working in a more remote area of the province sounds ideal to you, we want to hear from you! Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, but please keep in mind that we will only contact those who we feel are a good fit for this position.
Phone: 416-850-9809; Toll-Free: 1-866-505-3383