Located in Ontario’s Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and just north of Toronto itself, the fine city of Markham is known as “The High-Tech Capital of Canada”, with more than 1,500 technology companies operating within the city. In the opinion of RPI Consulting Group, this is one of the best places in the province to live – not only are you close to Toronto and other bustling parts of the GTA, you’re right smack in the middle of a technology hotspot, and of course, there’s plenty of things to do! From great parks and other open areas to small shops and larger stores, along with access to great breweries and restaurants, Markham is truly the place to be!
RPI currently has a full-time position available for a registered nurse (RN) who lives in or near Markham – read on to find out if you’re a good fit for the job, and don’t ever forget to check our blog daily for hot jobs and healthcare news.
“Leading While Remembering”
RPI’s client runs a long-term care facility in Markham, and they’re in need of an RN to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working as an RN. Your hours will be Monday to Friday, 2:00pm to 11:00pm, along with some weekend and holiday work as required (you will be given advance notice when you are expected to work these shifts). The starting rate of pay for this opportunity is $44 per hour. There is a possibility of full-time employment after the initial contact is completed. The chosen candidate will be expected to start working no later than Monday, August 8, 2022.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the condition of patients and assessing their needs to provide the best possible care
- Providing quick and effective medical care in emergencies
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment for all patients and their families
- Observing and interpreting patients’ symptoms as required
- Performing routine procedures (blood pressure, administering injections, etc.) and accurately updating patients’ charts
- Adjusting and administering patients’ medication and providing treatment according to physicians’ orders
- Inspecting the facilities and maintaining excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds, etc.)
- A valid nursing license for practicing in Ontario
- BSc in Nursing
- Proven experience as an RN
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- A team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination, etc.)
Our client is very eager to fill this position, so if you feel that you’d be a good fit, send your resumé to email@example.com – please note that while we appreciate all submissions, we will only be following-up with those candidates that we deem to be a good fit for the position.