One of RPI Consulting Group’s corporate pharmacy clients has reached out to us this week with an urgent request for an experienced pharmacy manager in London, Ontario, and we expect this opportunity to be very highly-sought after by our candidates. Get ahead of the game and read on to find out if this position is right for you, and don’t forget to take a look at our blog daily for the hottest job opportunities. We even give our thoughts on some of the hot topics currently facing the healthcare industry!
The Forest City
For this particular opportunity, the pharmacy manager will be expected to be available to work weekdays, evenings, and two weekends per month. This is a busy pharmacy that fills approximately 150 prescriptions per day, and you will have ample support from staff pharmacists and pharmacy assistants. This opportunity starts with a wage of $59 per hour.
Your regular and ongoing duties will include:
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Communicate with doctors to clarify prescription notes
- Carefully examine prescription dosage
- Paperwork and insurance coverage documentation
- Ensure that technicians and assistants abide by customer confidentiality and consistently process scripts while keeping the pharmacy organized
- Organizing and managing pharmacy personnel
- Medicine labelling, packaging, and procurement
- Consulting clientele on drug side effects and informing them about new prescriptions
- Administer flu shots and COVID-19 vaccines (when available)
Qualifications for this position include:
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a community pharmacy as a licensed pharmacist, with experience as a manager (please note that for this position, only candidates with previous experience as a manager will be considered)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in Ontario
- Works well with others
- Fluent in English
After 90 days, the successful candidate will receive full benefits (100% coverage), and there are also opportunities for bonuses based on performance.
If you feel that you’d be a good fit for this position, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in the role, but we will only be following-up with those candidates who we believe are a good fit.