Known as the “Tournament Capital of Canada” after the hundreds of sporting tournaments that it hosts every year, the great city of Kamloops in British Columbia is one of western Canada’s true gems. With a population of approximately 80,000, it’s a city that’s big enough to have virtually everything you could ever need on hand, but small enough so as not to be overwhelming to those who don’t enjoy the big city life. RPI Consulting Group currently has a contract opportunity for a pharmacist in Kamloops – are you the right person for the job? Read on and find out!
An 8-month commitment
Our client in Kamloops is an independent pharmacy that is located not far from the downtown area, and they’re in need of an experienced pharmacist to work an 8-month contract starting ASAP (with October 1 as the latest start date) and ending on or around May 30, 2022. The regular staff pharmacist has had to take some unexpected time off, leaving the pharmacy shorthanded, and we’re eager to fill the position quickly. This job starts at a wage of $39 per hour, with potential for performance-based bonuses on top of this.
The details of this job include:
- You will be working full-time hours, with the pharmacy being open from 9:00AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- You will be expected to work one Saturday per month. The pharmacy is open on Saturdays from 11:00am to 4:00pm
- As a pharmacist, you will check prescription transcripts from doctors to distribute to walk-in patients.
- Using Kroll pharmacy software, you will perceive any potential drug conflicts between drugs that patients are taking.
- You will provide advice and guidance to patients regarding their prescription dosage requirements and potential side effects.
- You will ensure that drugs procured for you by any regulated pharmacy technicians (RPhTs) are all accurate.
- On occasion, you may conduct medical reviews with patients.
- You must know how to use Kroll pharmacy software.
- You need to be a licensed pharmacist in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- You must have graduated from a post-secondary Bachelor of Science program in Pharmacy.
- You should have at least three years of licensed pharmacist work experience in a retail pharmacy setting.
As previously stated, we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so this opportunity would be best suited to someone already located in or near Kamloops – however, if you live out-of-province and are interested in a travel assignment, you may be considered for the role. Contact our team today or send us your resumé to email@example.com
Phone: 416-850-9809; Toll-Free: 1-866-505-3383